Coyotas Chicken Taquitos
Servings: 8 Taquitos
8 ea / Coyotas Tortillas
½ lb / Shredded Chicken (Rotissserie – store bought)
½ cup / Mexican Crema or Sour Cream
¼ cup / Cotija Cheese, Grated
8 ea / toothpicks
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa:
6 ea / Tomatillos, peeled
2 ea / Poblano, chiles
1 ea / Jalapeño
3 ea / Green Onions
4 ea / Garlic Cloves, peeled
1 cup / Cilantro, fresh, minced
3 tbsp / Olive Oil
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- For the Chicken Taquitos: Place 1 wt oz of shredded chicken lengthwise on a tortilla, roll Chicken tightly and poke in the middle with a toothpick to hold.
- Air Fryer: Heat Air Fryer to 375 F degrees, place taquitos not to close together to cook evenly and cook until golden brown and crispy about 5-7 minutes. Cook longer if necessary, depending on your device.
- Oven Baked: Preheat Oven to 450 F degrees. Place taquitos on baking pan with space in between to cook evenly. Bake for 12-15 minutes rotating in between until golden brown and crispy.
- Salsa: Preheat Oven on Broil for 5 minutes. Place all green ingredients (except cilantro) in roasting pan, drizzle Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper to taste and broil in oven for 10-15 minutes until char color on top of ingredients.
- Once ingredients are broiled, cool for 5 minutes, place in blender, add minced Cilantro and pulse until mostly pureed but but not smooth, leaving a chunky or desired texture. Add Salt & Pepper to taste if needed.
- To Serve: Place Salsa in Clear bowl or cup, add Mexican Crema, dip as many taquitos standing in salsa and finish off with sprinkled Cotija Cheese as shown above.